I was born in 1976 in Gdańsk in the north of Poland by the Baltic Sea.
I have no certified education in photography or other fine arts and perceive a good photo intuitively – with my mouth open and sleepless nights. Ever since I can remember I suffer from an insistent disease called “photography neurosis“, which results in frequent changes of techniques and means of expression.
I founded the Gdańsk Photographic Group (GGF), an informal association of photographers (2001-2005). I run an online photo magazine FotoPropaganda, aimed at promoting photography and familiarizing the community with photography as an artistic medium. Also there, I continue the tradition of my personal blog devoted to photography fotoiczek – recognized in 2008 as one of the ten best cultural blogs in Poland in the plebiscite of the Onet.pl portal.
In the years 2010-2013 I was the owner of the original portrait studio “Kumaka Studio” in Gdańsk in the former Unimor plant. For 3 years I conducted photography workshops on old photographic techniques – wet collodion, as a few photographer dealing with old photographic processes in Poland.
I’ve been lucky enough to win several awards and photographic awards while they were still important to me:
- 1997 – “Debuts” – award
- 2001, 2003 – “Gdańsk Photo Press” – award
- 2009 – National Photographic Competition in Trzcianka “Portrait” – Grand Prix
- 2009 – National Photographic Competition of the Museum in Bydgoszcz “In the footsteps of Leon Wyczółkowski – Portrait” – 2nd prize
- 2010 – 9th National Photo Contest “Portrait” in Koło – honorable mention
- 2010 – International Aperture Awards – Bronze Medal
- 2010 – “Portrait” competition (Dilmah Foundation) – Grand Prix
- 2011 – 10th National Photo Contest “Portrait” in Koło – award